Applying for Title XX can be very beneficial for you!

Child Care Subsidy
What is the Child Care Subsidy?
The Child Care Subsidy is a federal funding source to support the cost of child care for working parents (or those attending school) who meet income eligibility guidelines. 

You must apply for this assistance at your local Department of Human Services (DHS) office.  Once you qualify, DHS will pay part or all of the cost for your child’s tuition at Crossroads’ extended day program.

What else is involved in applying for Child Care Subsidy?

Here are the steps you need to follow to apply:

1. Get a copy of your center’s “Contract Number” for the Head Start or Early Head Start Center your child attends.

2. Fill out the “Request for Benefits” form (available here).  Fill it out and gather the other information you need to take with you.  Find out about other questions and information here.

3. Take the form and the other information to your local county DHS Office and apply for Child Care Assistance.  You will receive a letter in the mail, approving (or denying) your benefits.

4. If you are approved, bring this letter to the Head Start/Early Head Start center your child attends (or will attend), and we will process your approval.

5. You will then be responsible for “swiping” a card in a machine every time you drop off and pick up your child at the center.  This proves your child’s attendance and must be done daily.

6. If you have a co-pay (“Family Share”), you will need to pay that amount by the 1st of each month at your youngest child’s center.